Saturday, January 08, 2005

Evil Loophole Gun Show today

No big purchases today. Picked up a new laser pointer for the cat, but that's it. Friend wants to get together and go tomorrow, so I'll probably pick up some ammo and some new earplugs if I can find some.

One of the things I like about shows is that sometimes you find the damndest things. Oddball firearms, old & new. Knives, ammo, books, parts, tools, there may be nothing interesting or it may be full of stuff. No, not that stuff, good stuff.

The biggest show in the area happens in Tulsa in spring and fall, and it's huge. I usually can't make the spring show, but I've been able to hit the fall show the past several years.

The problem with the local shows is that there are two groups that put them on, and they do so often; so often that in many cases there's not many people there. I'd rather have them farther apart with more to see.

Let's see, my social life is going to work, taking care of stuff around the house, and going to flea markets and gun shows. I think I need to spread out a bit.

No comments: