Monday, January 03, 2005

The cat may never enter the carrier again

Voluntarily, that is. Today was the day she went to the vet to be fixed and get her rabies shot. The first time she rode in the carrier was bringing her here; today, was to the vet and back.

When I got her home I figured she'd still be a bit woozy, so I set out fresh food and water, and an old blanket for a warm place to sleep that wouldn't require climbing, and opened the door. There was a grey streak as she ran into the bedroom and stopped to glare at me. I finally got her to come back, and she ate & drank a bit. Right now the dog's in for a visit, and she came out of hiding to sit & watch her.

It remains to be seen whether she'll forgive me, or sit on my head at 3a.m.

And she goes back in ten days to have the stitches out. Oh joy.

No comments: