Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Cooking

Having been inspired by Steve, I have done a bit of cooking the last couple of days, beyond my usual efforts. The first produced leftovers, the second some more, so I also have lunch tomorrow.

Yesterday, browned a pound of Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage. While that cooked, I dumped two bottles of Wal-Mart green pepper & mushroom spaghetti sauce in a pan and added some garlic and a couple of bits of other stuff. Yes, Wal-Mart sauce. I'm che-, uh, fiscally responsible, as I once mentioned. Also, it's easier than making sauce from scratch; I wasn't quite that inspired. Drained and added the sausage to the sauce and made pasta, and it was good.

Tonight I put some olive oil in a pan, sauteed a little garlic, then browned two chicken breasts in it, then added some of the sauce and simmered. While that was going heated up the leftover pasta and the rest of the sauce. When the chicken was done, put some pasta on a plate, then a breast, sauce, some chopped green onion and sprinkled with mozzarella. Not bad.

And there's enough pasta and sauce for lunch at work tomorrow. I need to do stuff like this more often.


No comments: