Tweet concludes, “the unanimous verdict requirement exists precisely so one person can refuse to go along. If being that person now means risking all of your laundry being aired out to your community that can easily identify you, we’ve essentially converted unanimity to majority rule by intimidation.”
And you'll note that the journalist involved isn't taking criticism very well. Oh, she's 'changing the law and how our justice system works'. By her journalism. Right.
2 comments:
At one point some journalists (said with disdain) doxed every conceal carry permit holder in New York. They freaked out when they were doxed in return.
I think most journalists have a god-complex. They believe they should be the final arbitrators of truth.
I think Louisiana used to not require a unanimous jury for a conviction or acquittal but was finally overturned as unconstitutional. I guess they want to go backwards when a jury decision doesn’t go their way.
Ed
Post a Comment