Tuesday, August 01, 2023

I spent a few hours outside,

including a half-hour or so prep, to do some stuff.  Drank a lot, and I still feel like I damn near overheated.  Can't handle these temps as well as I used to, even with the humidity way down.  So, while I sit here avoiding cleanup for a bit, I shall browse some news, which includes this idiocy from the Brit military*:
DEFENCE chiefs announced this week that British soldiers could soon be given electric bicycles so they can sneak up more quietly (and cheaply) than if they were in a tank.

Yes. But have you ever tried to ride a bicycle in soft sand? Or in a bog? It’s impossible.

So if stealth (and savings) are the main consideration, I have a better idea. Why not give them horses?

More at the link, including commentary on whiny bitches at corporations and banks.
*no doubt some idiot at the Pentagon has been waiting for encouragement to suggest this.


Holy crap, just like the Biden laptop was real, looks like the Biden diary was and is real.
Expect the Professional Journalists to continue trying to hide everything about it.


Ok, I need more to drink.  And to turn down the a/c a bit.  More later.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But electric bikes do suck a good job of repelling bullets. LOL

Dan said...

As the UK military regresses to bicycles then horses the idiots in charge here are touting a new, wonderful green method of transporting goods across the oceans....wind power. These morons who never studied history think sailing ships are a good replacement for powered transport.

Anonymous said...

i would rather have a mule

ColdSoldier said...

I find if you get out in the heat daily it doesn’t bother you as much. We’ve had over 110° heat index’s for two weeks now and will through the weekend. The gym my wife and I go to has no air-conditioning so there’s also that.

Firehand said...

Do get out in it most days, just hits harder than it used to.