Friday, June 02, 2023

The subject of stupid people came up today, and I have a prize winner for you

I have mentioned that I worked part-time at a range.  Each lane had its own bench with a couple of shelves.  I'm at the counter talking to someone, when I glanced into one of the ranges and saw a head pop up on the wrong side of the bench.

I'm told I said "What the HELL?!?  I know I did point at this, as a woman climbed over the bench with a target in one hand and said "GO TALK TO THEM, NOW!"

They were duly talked to.  Seems she and a friend were shooting and they'd laid one of their targets across the top of the bench, and it had slipped off the Bad Side to the floor.  Instead of asking for help, she decided to climb over and get it.  Yes, there were other people shooting in that bay at the time.

This was a case of "I'm glad I wasn't the one talking to them, because they'd probably have started yelling for the manager, because I don't think they'd have liked being asked how stupid they had to be."

Sometimes, I'm surprised my heart is in the decent shape it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stress: Caused by caring (giving a 5H1T!)

D