Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday eve, just before St. Patrick's day

I'll tell a story:
Last time I went to a party on Patrick's night, 
The place was supposed to have three bands over the evening.
It was so bloody packed you barely had room to lean on a wall,
If you wanted a drink or munchies, fight your way to the bar because the waitresses couldn't get around but about once an hour,
The chance of dancing?  Only if you threw a grenade to make a space.
And it was so damned loud, you could barely hear the music.
As I left after maybe fifteen minutes I said "Never again."

And now, we get to the 6th Evening stuff.















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience at an Irish bar many years back. I lasted a few hours though as my boss was was picking up the tab. Likely the last time I’ll ever do that again.
Ed

Bigus Macus said...

Happy St Paddy's day. What a lovely assortment of women! Thanks