Thursday, December 02, 2021

I should catch you up on part of the last few days

It involved some ordinary stuff, and a saw taking a small chunk out of a digit.  No missing digit, no horrible trauma(other than "How the HELL did that happen?"), just some tissue damage and a relatively small amount of hemorrhage.  And, just to be on the safe side, a visit to the ER(because the emergency clinic I went to the next morning took one look at that type injury on a hand, said "Nope", and directed me to the ER.  Which was slow after they determined nothing really serious was involved, but not crowded.

Right now I'm sitting here with it freshly cleaned off, letting it air a few minutes before the antibiotic and band-aid goes on.  It'll make doing some thing with that hand a bit tricky for probably a week, then an interesting small scar, I think.  As a man in one of Capsticks' stories said, 'It'll be a small scar and not worth showing in public.'

Oh, and since I'm taking some fairly heavy-duty antibiotics for a few days, I can't have a drink and I'll probably have to lay in some yogurt for the post-AB runs.

2 comments:

Jason Tyler said...

Yogurt is okay, but I would suggest you head over to the Pharmacy and pick up a good probiotic. All the studies I've seen recently on probiotics are very positive for this situation. I usually recommend Culturelle, it's not the cheapest but it's been around for years and the quality is consistent.

Firehand said...

Thanks