Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Due to circumstances I'm tired,

I ache, and I've got too much to do.  Especially since it seems that I keep having to redo things, like clean the area I just did a couple of days ago.  

Loading?  Here's a weird one: the other day I loaded 50 rounds of .300 Blackout, all using Sig brass.  There are 15 that weigh right at 10 grains more than the rest.  Yes, I took a couple apart: the powder charges are exactly what should be and an extra 10 would have been overflowing.  Either those cases are from a different batch and weigh that much more, or I have no damned idea.

Now, having worn myself out further today with multiple doctor crap, I'm going to figure out something to eat.  Maybe get something cleaned off again before I fall over.

4 comments:

Grog said...

Check the bullet weight, that could be the variation.

Firehand said...

Yeah, that's on the list when I've got time. And my eyes aren't crossing.

jeff d said...

Hey Firehand, this is a marathon. Covid is taking out the stragglers. Please get some rest. Look forward to seeing you around a while.

Tank Killer said...

Always a good idea to weigh the bullets and the brass individually before loading. If that doesn't yield clues, weigh the primers as well.