Thursday, June 10, 2021

Made it to the outdoor range for the first time in quite a while

the other day, which was good.  Got home before it got really hot, though it was humid enough to feel like southern Louisiana in July.  Which leads up to today.

Part of the routine on the back trouble has been physical therapy twice a week, which in this case meant this morning; some of the old stuff, couple of new exercises.  Hot & humid today(didn't feel as humid to me), so stayed in mostly.  Until this afternoon I thought "I really need to cast some of 'X' bullets, and I can set up a fan, and it should be fine."

So I spent about an hour doing that, cleaned things up, took a quick shower, and sat a bit.  Where I almost fell asleep and out of the chair.  Don't know if just tired or got a bit too hot, in either case it was a surprise.

Seem fine now, though I'm not doing that again until the heat index is down a bit.

Speaking of the range, tested some loads.  One or two were lousy, a couple questionable, and a couple were pretty damn good.  So those I'll need to repeat.  I've been using five-shot groups, but I once read that a statistician worked some numbers and said the best indication of a good load would be had with groups of seven for some reason I probably wouldn't understand.  I may load those two with seven for next time and see what happens.

Also waiting for better temperature/better back is about 45 pounds of lead I need to cast into 1lb ingots so it'll be easier to store and use.  That may be a while.

No comments: