Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Better living through chemistry

and modern medicine.

Followup visit to the doc yesterday, and he decided that some of the hip problem* was probably changes caused by the back problem(in walking gait and such) causing irritation and inflammation in the hip.  So suggested a steroid injection to help that.

The insurance approved, this was done, and Holy Crap!  It was no instant cure, but by evening the hip was bothering me less, and I had a decent nights sleep without painkillers.  It's better today, and the PT was thrilled.

Hopefully the improvement will continue, and I will try to keep taking it easy.  Which isn't easy, because there's pruning needed, and mowing, and I want to take care of it NOW, and other such stuff.



*This started and was worst in the back, which caused the hip to start adding in.  And then, the doc's explanation being "Nerves are weird", one strip on the outside of my lower leg started joining in.  Not the thigh, or knee, just that one area.  So when the back improved the hip got worse and so did the lower leg part.  Sometimes.

3 comments:

robert said...

I now understand my Dads favorite saying . " Golden years my ass".

Ed said...

Getting old is a bitch. Cortisone injections have helped me a bit. I’ve been trying to wean off the nsaids, naproxen most recently. The interrupted sleep from various pains is my biggest complaint.

Mel said...

sciatica is weird, I fight the same issues. I will be ok thru the day, but as soon as I go bed, wham, hip, knee, side of the lower leg all at the same time or individually ache. Tried this back and thigh wrap a few years back and cleared it up for me.

ATX Compression Wrap - Hip and Groin Support - Sciatica Nerve Pain Relief - Brace for Pulled Muscles - Hamstring Thigh Quadriceps Arthritis Joints - SI Belt Men

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1ZFXCJ/ref=twister_B07MRCCYBZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is not medical advice and your results may vary and I received no compensation for this recommendation