Monday, May 03, 2021

Speaking of black powder,

I had read about this book, and a while ago got a copy.  If you're starting to shoot such, or just curious about the rifles in question, I'd recommend it.  Lots of information on the arms and loads for them, and a section specifically on developing match-grade loads for them.

Speaking of, I may have mentioned this before but it's worth repeating:
Introduction to Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Loading, by Chuck Raithel.(it's a pdf)
It's a very good piece with lots of information on powders, wads, lubes, and so on.  I'm using one of the homemade bullet lube recipes, and it's worked really well(the one from Paul Mathew if you're interested).

I really need to gather up all the sites and links I've found while digging into this and put them all together.

1 comment:

taminator013 said...

Thanks for the link to Chuck's pdf. I've always been curious about BP loading, but have never gotten into it. I have four antique revolvers, a couple rifles and a few Damascus barreled shotguns that should be fed BP loads.......