Monday, May 03, 2021

How tight are supplies right now?

Since I started doing more of the black powder stuff, I've become acquainted with a lot of people who use it in their rifles.  And while black is more readily available than smokeless, everything else?

Couple of days ago an auction on Gunbroker for 50 new Starline .50-90 cases ended with someone paying $250 for them.  Some .50-70 went for almost as much.  More common stuff like .45-70 is not as bad, but still a lot higher than normal.  Bullet molds, gas checks, pretty much everything is either sold out or going up in price.  Or both.

This mess is a pain.  

4 comments:

taminator013 said...

A friend gave me some .45-70 brass that I don't have a use for. You're welcome to it if you want it. I also bought some 71gr jacketed HP bullets to load in .32 ACP. These Prvi Partizan bullets are supposedly .32 caliber, but they only mic out at .308 instead of .311-.315. I would need a special taper crimp die to load them in any of my .32s and don't really plan on getting one. I'm happy enough with what I use now. Could you use them in anything as .30 cal plinkers? You're also welcome to them if you want them. Just shoot me an email.....

Firehand said...

Brass and such I will not turn down. Let me find the email and I'll contact you

Anonymous said...

As far as components go what does lead/ linotype go for these days. I have no joke 1-2 thousand pounds of it that i will never use. I sometimes handload but I have no interest in casting. All the material I have was left to me after my Dad died.

Eric.

taminator013 said...

Cool. I'll look around and see what all brass that I have. I know that I have a ton of .32 Long in a bag and oodles of .300 Savage. People are always giving me brass because they know that I'll find a use for it or someone who can use it. Just shoot me an email and I'll give you a list....