Friday, October 18, 2019

A range day was had

Turned out to be a fine day for it, though when I quit it was getting downright busy out there.

Couple of results
Lyman Postell bullet, 525 grains, 35.0 Blackhorn 209.  That high one
was the first(clean barrel?), and I think that lowest was my fault, twitched a bit on trigger break.  Realistically, unless I find a place to shoot longer distances(this was 200 yards), I think this load will work just fine for future shooting.  It's been consistently accurate, and it's entirely possible that it'd group tighter with better eyes aiming it.

One I found really happy-making
Those five were shot at 200 yards with a Springfield 1922 M2 .22 rifle, using Federal Champion ammo.
A: Lord, it was pretty, and it shoots like that.
B: I've consistently had damn good results from that ammo, including a Martini Model 12 that shoots equal to or better with it than with match ammo.

I had some black powder loads I wanted to test, but I found I'd forgotten my blow tube.  And there were no straws in the truck.  So next time with those.

Oh, that white background for the targets?  With iron sights at that distance I need good contrast between the target and the stand, so stapled some white paper up.  Worked great.

No comments: