Sunday, November 03, 2013

Well, that actually worked!

I've been using Lee case lube for resizing*, and the usual process after to remove it has been
Put in bottle with soapy water.
Shake.
Leave a while.
Shake.
Drain, rinse, drain.
Dry.
Tumble to get rid of what that doesn't remove.

Was starting to add water to clean off some cases that've been sitting in the bottle waiting, when what did my wandering eyes did appear but a bottle of the degreaser I use for all kinds of stuff.

Well, why not?

Put in enough water to cover the cases, added- I'd guess- about two ounces, shook it, let it sit a couple of minutes, shook again, drained enough to get a case out to examine.  And it was CLEAN.  So drained the rest and rinsed, and that stuff appears to have stripped every trace of lube off the cases.  I've got them drying now, I think they're only going to need a few minutes tumbling to shine them a bit.

This was a lot faster, and should prevent the tumbler media being crudded up with lube.  And I get the stuff at the dollar store(think Wally World carries it too).


*Can't find the post right now, but someone suggested putting some in a small pump-spray bottle, add alcohol, shake to dissolve, then spray to lube.  It works.

1 comment:

Phil said...

That's a good name for that stuff.
I even used it on my work clothes before I'd toss 'em in before I got married.
Cleans windows too.

I just wish it came in bigger bottles.