Thursday, April 11, 2013

And even more wonders from New Effing York

“Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs said that late today he received a call from the New York State Police informing him that they had provided information on the wrong person when they notified his office of someone whose permit should be suspended because of the new mental health provisions in New York’s SAFE Act,” the release begins. 

“When the State Police called to tell us they made a mistake and had the wrong person … it become clear that the state did not do their job here and now we all look foolish,” the release went on to say in a quote from Clerk Jacobs.
Nooo... incompetent, intrusive, disgusting, yes.
And there's still the question of "Just how did these supposedly confidential medical records make their way to the StaasiState Police, anyway?"

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

Agntsa.

My real name is relatively common, to the point that when I worked for large aerospace company 20 years ago there were 7 employees with my first and last name (middle initial different).
My Doctor, from whom I have received care for 20 years has another person with my name, so I make sure to give them my birthdate to ensure our files are not commingled, which happened once to my knowledge.
The imagined course of the law will have no relation to the reality of mixed up identities, and the government agencies involved will merely react with some variation of "Mistake? Unpossible!."