Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Somebody put locoweed juice in the Senate water supply

At least that's as good an explanation for the idiocy going on there as I can think of. Not going to link to anything as there's enough stuff out there that you can't miss it. Happily, my state's two senators are voting against this IIABAN* bill, so I don't have to do a lot of yelling at them. But a lot of others...

Had Sean Hannity's show on while sitting here cleaning boomsticks and just listened to his interview of Sen. George Voinovich(Weasel-OH). Somebody talked to him the other day(may have been Hannity) and he explained his vote for cloture as 'I want there to be more debate, and we have another vote for cloture coming so this one doesn't really count'. Which is absolute marfi. Today he went on a tear about 'people are trying to intimidate me, and I've been in this business 40 years and I DON'T INTIMIDATE', which roughly translates to "The peasants are really annoying me. They act like I'm supposed to listen to them instead of doing what I want, and I'm getting mad!" He the proceeded to do the standard politician two-step of trying to avoid answering questions by talking around them and trying to talk over Hannity when he called him on it. And finally(tried to do it earlier but Hannity did manage to keep him on) said he wasn't getting anything but ignorance, etc., and wasn't going to waste any more time and hung up.

Ohio, I don't know a lot about his previous record. That being said, if this is an indication of how he sees his relation to the voters, you need to kick him the hell out of that office: he thinks he's your boss and shouldn't be questioned, and seems to think he owns that office.

*Illegal Immigrant Amnesty By Another Name

No comments: