Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yes, I'm still here.

Yesterday had pretty nice weather, so the day went to a bit of grocery shopping, a bit of boomstick looking, and putting some sweet peppers and tomatoes in the garden. And a new blackberry along the fence.

I'd had two blackberries, one planted year before last, one last year and both looked dead. However, while the one from last year was most definitely deceased, the other had one cane growing and new leaves on it. So I've still got two. Putting the new one in earlier than I did last year may help it root in well before summer.

Last night was spent at a wedding reception for a couple of friends. Despite threats to the bride I did not show up in woad, which probably contributed to my warm welcome(I presented her with a bag of freshly-made fudge, and the both of them with a bottle of Celtic Crossing which I trust will be properly disposed of). And there was drinking and music and dancing, and a good time was had by all.

And no hangover this morning, either; those of us with a clear conscience need not fret about such things. So there.*

And today was helping a friend in the yard a bit, and mowing mine, and cleaning up outside and in. Now I shall pour myself a taste, and get ready for bed.

*Dammit. I'd trade a touch of hangover for something to feel guilty about at times.

No comments: