Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Gun shows

I like gun shows. Kim du Toit refers to them as Evil Loophole Gun Shows (ELGS for short) since they upset the delicate feelings of the Gun-Fearing Wussies (GFW). I like to look at all the stuff, I like to find parts or cleaning stuff I need, or reloading stuff, or books, or knives (yes, I make knives. There's still some nice stuff out there, and aside from colonial styles I do not make folders). Ammunition, clothing, medical stuff, at a good show you can find damn near anything.

One especially nice one is the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show. Held twice a year in Tulsa, OK, and it's bloody HUGE! Acres of tables; guns, parts, accessories, knives, gunsmithing & knifemaking tools, hunting stuff, camping stuff, survival stuff, books, ammo... Oh, it's marvelous! Best of all is to take the whole weekend, because you really need two days if you want to take your time. If can only do one day, get there when it opens so you have all day. A friend and I are planning to be there one day, and we've got a cart for all the stuff he wants to take; some to trade or sell, and some he's looking for parts for, and one or two he just wants to show to some people we'll meet there.

If you're near Tulsa that weekend, you should go if you can. Mostly what I'd like to find is a couple of parts, and some ammo. But I'll find some cleaning stuff, and maybe some odd collectable ammo, maybe a knife or a book or two...

I need more money and room.

No comments: