Monday, July 13, 2026

A different sort of iron sight setup,

with the front sight looking like a rear sight.  Take a look and see what you think

7 comments:

Steve said...

That is interesting. I have shot a couple of competitions with a Springfield that I removed both front and rear sights. I changed from having a sight picture to only focusing on the target, bringing the gun up and looking down the slide in my peripheral. I got faster and surprisingly more accurate

Dan said...

The style of the sight is less important than the familiarity with and amount of practice with a type of sight. Doesn't mater what you practice with...if you practice.

Anonymous said...

It's a pistol. They can have the most ridiculous sights because it just doesn't matter. They are point and click.

Anonymous said...

You want to try it out when your shoulder's better, don't you.
-lg

Sailorcurt said...

That article did nothing to convince me either way. What makes this better than traditional sights? How is it going to improve performance? Nothing about that in the article.

Seems suspect to me. The physics behind putting metal on meat hasn't changed in the hundreds of years since the firearm was invented. The projectile needs to go in a straight line between you and the target. For that to occur, the barrel must be pointed straight in that direction. If the back of the barrel isn't aligned with the front of the barrel when it goes bang, the bullet's not going to go where you want. It's as simple as that. And depending on distance, the tiniest misalignment on your end, can result in a complete miss on the other.

A front sight only can't ensure the back of the pistol is in line. There's got to be more to it than that. They're going to have to explain to me exactly how it works and how it's superior to traditional sights, because I'm not buying it just because it's a cool new fad.

I'm all for a better mousetrap, but it better catch mice better, not just in a different way, otherwise, it's just a gimmick.

Rich said...

I wouldn't mind watching it but everytime I click the link my internet shuts off.

Firehand said...

On the link, beats me; just tried it again, goes to The Firearm Blog site and the story.

Curt, my thought is about the same: you've still got to align the front & rear sights. There might be something about this way that helps some, but it doesn't sound right.