Friday, May 26, 2023

Another bit of ammo testing, and now that I can add pictures,

this time the venerable .45 Colt, ammo from Fiocchi*
Pretty close to the original on ballistics, with a FMJ bullet for range use.  Test gun was a Ruger Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel.  First shots at 10 yards from a rest were nice,
even with me pulling the last one.  Same range offhand produced nothing special(that's on me)

Now moved it back to 15 yards offhand, and
which is not bad at all.  One of the nice things is that this barrel length puts the front sight far enough out that I can get it fairly sharp.

For the last of today's groups, I moved it back to 20 yards and fired offhand:
That far up & right was the first shot.  Then I settled in more solidly, and when I ran the target back I was amazed.  I'd have been very happy with that group from a rest, seems I had a good day.  Or fate is setting me up for a future "Why can't I hit anything!?" day.

I saved half the ammo for more testing later, I'd like to shoot it at 25 and 50 yards.  This stuff was consistent, everything ejected easily, and accuracy was all I could expect.  I've fired other Fiocchi ammo with nice results from all of it, and a friend using their .300 Blackout with the 125-grain SST bullet had a clean kill on a deer.  Their .22 LR I've tried has been quite nice in accuracy as well.  This stuff adds to the list.


*Supplied by Widener's

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. (Just call the wide right a warning shot)
-lg

Firehand said...

That would be nicer than "Holy crap, I pulled that one!"