Monday, July 11, 2022

Sort-of range report

I mentioned once that I'd had the chance to fire five rounds through a S&W Shield Plus with a red dot, and really liked it.  Well, this weekend had the chance to put a box of 9mm through a Shield Plus with just the iron sights.

Yowza.  Compared to the earlier Shield, the Plus has a flat-face trigger that breaks much cleaner, and the slightly more rounded grip fits my hand a lot better.  It shot very well for me.  No saved target, unfortunately, I can say I could shoot it much better than the earlier, and that trigger gets a lot of the credit.

The thing was fairly new, and I'd hate to have to load the magazines without a loader(as a side point, I'd almost kiss the ass of the guy who came up with the Uplula for pistols).

One box doesn't really prove anything except this thing has real promise.

2 comments:

1chota said...

Just got mine but haven't been to the range yet.

Tsgt Joe said...

If I didn't already have 2 shields I'd really be looking at a shield+. On those occasions I want more rounds on tap I have a Beretta px4 compact, the Shield+ looks to be less bulky and more concealable than the px4.