Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Well, that's just wonderful

A 'Had I but known' moment.

Day or two ago I'd decided to buy a custom bullet mould; knew what I wanted, and the way prices have gone on Lyman, RCBS, and most other moulds have gone, the custom isn't that much more expensive, so made the order.

Yesterday broke my glasses.  So until the replacements get in I'm using a pair of $1(before the dollar store became the '$1.35 to 2.00' store) reading glasses for anything up close.  Had I known* that was going to happen, I'd have held off on the mould.

Fun, fun, fun.


*I know, the ideal is "I'd not have done the thing that damaged them", but that's not the way it seems to work.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Make lemonade.
Use this time to practice reloading by touch.

Country Boy said...

For those that haven't ordered glasses online, eyebuydirect.com has great prices and quality. Just be sure to have the optometrist, and not some tech, measure and give you the Pupillary Distance number along with your prescription. Most leave it off the prescription and note it on the order when you buy through them, the techs are notorious for getting it wrong. That's why you often have to re-order. My wife and I used eyebuydirect several times and have never had a problem.

Firehand said...

Country, I'll try to remember them.

Rick, why do you hate me?

RHT447 said...

Happy to report that since my cataract surgery/lens replacement, I can get along with just fine with some cheap $10 readers.

Out of less than idle curiosity, what bullet mold did you order?

Firehand said...

If I'd found some better readers I'd probably be fine with them; these were something to get me by after the last surgery until the real glasses came in.

Which makes me think: todays cheap readers would've been worth their weight in gold not that long ago.

Decided the Steve Brooks New Postel.

Anonymous said...

I recently bought some surprisingly good readers off Amazon, brand Norperwis, 5 pair for $14.99. Wider than usual, spring earbars, with a broad fixed nosebar, and lenses clear edge to edge.
John in Indyj