Thursday, June 09, 2022

Being able to use the knee well enough to

get down in the driveway and back up, some long overdue maintenance on the bike was done.  Because they way things are, I'd rather keep a paid-for bike and save some on gas than sell it.

So oil & filter changed, which with a bike like this means taking half the fairing off.  Two other things kept it from being done before now:
Finding the oil I needed(the filter was no problem), and
Getting son to swing by and put it on the center stand.  Which I wasn't willing to try yet.
I found out that the oil I usually use isn't being produced through the end of the year due to some of the supply crap, so a good substitute was found, should do nicely.

And I really need to give it a bath, after all the rain and dust and such the past while.  And check the tires again, I forgot that yesterday.  

The knee is progressing.  The part that's a bit of a problem for riding* is bending that leg enough to get on the footpeg; can be done but that last few degrees is still stiff.  And I can mow and such now.  This afternoon is going to involve celebrating(that's my excuse) by throwing some ribs in the smoker; I lucked into some the other day with 'reduced for quick sale' that made them affordable.  What doesn't get eaten the next few days will be frozen for later enjoyment.

I put some loads together for testing in the .45-70, really want to get to the range and try them.  But that'll require it not trying to drown the region, and a day with enough time.  It'll be a while before the mould arrives and I have some of the new bullets.

*Aside from if the surgeon found out I was riding some he'd probably excrete a brick.

1 comment:

igior said...

Ah, Old Age. NOT for sissies