Monday, July 20, 2020

Scene from the range

Tam had a piece on the evidence showing that a LOT of the current gun buyers are not(much as the Watts followers would have us believe) people buying a new AR for the collection, but first-time buyers worried about home/self-defense.  I'll throw in there're a lot of people who might have had a gun before, but it's a rimfire pistol or rifle, maybe their old(maybe inherited) scattergun or deer rifle they haven't used in years, and they're thinking "I need something a bit more appropriate for really bad social situations."

So lots of EBRs now in the hands of people who never really thought of themselves owning one before.  And we can't keep 18-20" shotguns, or Mossberg Shockwaves, on the shelves; they disappear the day they're put out. 
Of course, then they find out just how bad the shortage of ammo is...

Something else: reloading gear and components.  Everything from presses to priming tools has been going fast, and the 'How To Reload' classes are pretty full.  As I went by that counter the other day I noticed that there were lots of large rifle primers in stock, but small and large pistol, and small rifle?  Nope.  Only SR primers left were Remington 6 1/2, which aren't considered good for things like, say, .223/5.56.

The CCW classes fill up fast, and the 'beginners handgun/rifle/shotgun' classes as well.  If we had two or three more trainers they could probably do nothing but private classes all day long.

I think I mentioned before that a lot of days have been 'week before Christmas'-level sales, and the only thing slowing that down is "We're sold out of those."

At this point, if the leftists still think that if the State says "We have decided you cannot be allowed these things anymore, turn them in" and everyone will quietly or bitching do it, they're idiots.  Some would, the rest would say "And leave me at the mercy of  these rioting idiots?  Screw you."  And if they think most of the cops and military(outside of places like the PROM and D&FSNJ) will happily go out to confiscate...

2 comments:

Arthur said...

At this point I'm just wishing I was more into AR years ago. I have an AK arsenal/ammo stockpile to make stalin jealous, but it's taken waaay too long to penetrate my thick skull that civil war in the US means AR's in 223.

So I've got a rock solid AR carbine and plenty of ammo components. I just need to get my butt in gear and get loads worked up.

A few backup rifles would have been really nice before the crazy kicked off though.

Firehand said...

Crazy it is.
As of the other day, place was completely out of .380, .38 Special, .40S&W, .223, and buckshot and slugs for 12 gauge. Had gotten in some 5.56, but if no more came in today it'll be gone by evening I'd guess.