Monday, September 24, 2018

A Martini question Note added

I've read that, to convert an old Martini action to a newer, higher-pressure cartridge, you need to drill out the face of the breechblock and put in a insert that can support said pressure better than the original steel; anyone familiar with this process, or know where to look?

Added: This is not about a small-frame like the Cadet, couple of years back I wound up with a large-frame Martini action, originally .577/450, that's the one I'm thinking of

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about that - you want to make it into a 223?

I once had that dream, but outgrew it. I kept mine original .310

They are such sweet rifles, it would be a shame to ruin one.

Firehand said...

Oh Lord no, not the Cadet!
Couple of years back I wound up with a large-frame Martini action, originally .577/450, that's the one I'm thinking about