Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Couple of quick notes:

First, on anything except a muzzleloader, I'm about to tell Holy Black to go to hell, and take its adherents with it.  Pickiest damned stuff to load with...

As in make up some cartridges using a load that worked quite well before.  Before what?  Before I had to get another bottle of powder.  Same brand and granulation, only now it's spread all over the target.  Great big PITA.

Second, first thoughts on Blackhorn 209.
I think I'm going to like it.  It's not as bulky as black, and doesn't need compression to burn well.  Some smoke, less than 2f gave in comparable loads.
You don't have to use a blow tube between shots, and don't have to wipe the bore between groups.
Couple of loads showed real promise.

Tomorrow I'll try to give a better writeup, right now I need a shower.

Oh, and I picked up the first tick of the season.  Yay.

No comments: