Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ref the Border Patrol rifle mess,

part II over at Gunnuts.  Which includes this:
“Most of the rifles were deadlined due to “bent barrels” according to the inspectors.  Most of the deadlined rifles were under five years old and all of them had recently passed a qualification”
“Rifles with very dirty chambers are either being deadlined or are going to be re-barreled due to the amount of time required to clean the chamber as well as the hazmat issue (they treat lead and gunpowder residue like it is kryptonite).”
“It seems odd to me that parts are already “wearing out” at 800 rounds. They can try and blame a lack of agent maintenance/neglect, but regardless if the weapon was not cleaned at all within 800 rounds, parts should not already be worn/broken.”
Considering the number of AR variants that have been fired for thousands of rounds with no cleaning, just a little lube as needed, that keep going like the Energizer rabbit, how the hell could stuff be worn out at 800?  Either a lot of substandard parts, or bullshit.  And some of the rest of this is just as disturbing.







3 comments:

Samuel Gonzalez said...

Hello Irons in the Fire

Me and you are on the same page. My name is Sam and I run The Last Tradition. Check out my site and if you like what you see add me to you Blog roll. We belong together. Hope to hear from you.

http://www.thelasttradition.com/

Titan Mk6B said...

I vote for bullshit.

KM said...

Damn. I was going to clean my ARs but now I guess I have to just throw them away.
Can't CBP get rifles from the same govt supplier as the drug cartels?