Sunday, September 28, 2008

Every time I hear more about the 'agreement' to SAVE US ALL!!!

from financial collapse, I keep seeing a bunch of desperate used-car salesmen trying to keep us from looking under the hood. And when they're this desperate, to not only force a deal but to try to use it to a: discredit McCain and b: puff up Obama, we need to bring out the tasers. As Kim put it,
My boss always said: ”When it comes to money, there’s no decision so urgent that you can’t sleep on it” (or something to that effect). And while everyone was screaming about the urgency of the $700 billion bailout, the warning bells in my head were deafening me, as I remembered both my boss’s words, and those of H.L. Mencken:
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”


Add in the revelations about Dodd(Bought Off- Sleaze) and his earmarks for ACORN and such, and the other crap they're trying to lard on... Hell with tasers, we need ropes.

No comments: