Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A bit more on the Dillon press

I've been loading some more .45acp on that Square Deal B, and now I find two problems:
First, I need more primers.
Second, once you get started on this thing you can, with short breaks to refill the primer magazine, load every damn case in sight.

It's really nice, being able to crank out ammo this way, and to repeat myself from earlier I wish I'd bought one a long time ago. If I start shooting a lot of .38 Special again, I'll have to get the dies & conversion for that. If they made the dies in this press for .30 Carbine(and why don't they?) that'd be great.

I will note that the low primer alarm does work, you get down to 3-4 primers and it buzzez at you until you do something about it.

Now I need more time at the range so I can shoot this stuff up so I can bring the cases back and load some more so I can...

No comments: