Thursday, November 10, 2016

Considering the current rash of idiots 'protesting'

by attacking people, it's a good time to post this link again: Jew Without a Gun

Background:
During the Los Angeles riots of 1992, my wife Karen and I, Ariel and Offspring #2, were inside a film theater. Abruptly, an angry mob congregated outside; soon they were trying to break down the doors. Trapped inside, we were all terrified. I held Offspring#2 in my arms; she shivered like a frightened rabbit. Karen gripped Ariel’s hand.

“Don’t worry,” we were assured, “the police will be here soon.”

But the police did not arrive that night, nor did they protect the city from arson, looting and murder. In fact, we watched in disbelief as news cameras captured images of police officers standing idly by while looters gleefully committed their crimes.

A few days later, I purchased a pistol, a 1911 .45 ACP.

2 comments:

Lergnom said...

Along with "Jew Without a Gun", I recommend reading "Girl Without a Gun" as an additional cautionary tale. It can be found at http://www.seraphicpress.com/girl-without-a-gun-pacifist-stalked-reality-intrudes/

Stay safe

Firehand said...

I'd forgotten about that one, thanks!