Thursday, July 03, 2014

This is not good

Hundreds of West Africans could be carrying the deadly Ebola virus and not know it, potentially infecting hundreds more, as cash-strapped governments and overwhelmed aid agencies struggle to contain the virus's spread. 

At least 1,500 people have not yet been traced who are known to have come into contact with others confirmed or suspected to be infected with the haemorrhagic fever, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) told The Telegraph.
Yeah, 'hemorrhagic fever virus' and 'out of control' are not things you want to hear together.
More here(autoplay warning)

Some thoughts on training


Because they'd rather a kid be a victim than a defender.  Fuck these people, and not in a good way.


And I guarantee Obama & Co. like it that way.


Yes, I did make it to the range today.  Along with general stuff, zeroed the M92 project; had to shift the sight just a touch to bring it dead-on with windage, and raise the rear one notch.  That puts it dead-on at 50 and 100, 100 being the longest range I'd want to use it for real.

And I'm going to make some kind of spacer for the stock to extend it about an inch to try, I think it'll be a bit more comfortable for me.  Otherwise, it stays as-is; works, short & handy, 8+1 of .357 Mag should be enough for any possible social use.

Note to people messing with leverguns: bench-resting them can be touchy: a lot of them, if you rest the forend on the bag, it'll cause it to throw high, so the general recommendation I've heard is to rest the receiver itself.  Which works on some, but on my Model 94 doesn't; you're better off holding the forend with your hand and resting the hand.  In the case of this M92, no difference between resting the receiver and the hand, which makes it a bit nicer to zero or test loads.  I will note that what I really need is either some different sights, or better eyes; I think it's capable of better accuracy than I was today.

No comments: