Sunday, March 09, 2008

Was out of town for a couple of days, and since I passed Cabela's

I of course stopped in to drool browse about. I was very good, and only bought a couple of things, this being one of them













It's a fairly new light of theirs. 3 watt led, 60 lumens output and it's supposed to run up to 6 hours on two AA batteries. 60 lumens makes it just a touch less bright than a Surefire G2; I've got no way to measure it, but it passes the 'make you scream and cover your eyes' test*. And it is a white light, no sign of the blue tint most led lights have shown until recently. Turns on at the tailcap, like so many now: turn it all the way down for constant on, back it off a half-turn and press for momentary on.

Since I find myself with a shortage of AA alkaline batteries a ' turn it on and leave it until dead' test will have to wait a day or two. So far I like it.

Oh, did I mention the price? $20.


*No, I did NOT point it at my eyes and key it; I'm comparing it on the wall to my Surefire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My local WalMart has this exact flashlight sold under the Rayovac name. Same specs, color, clip and lanyard. Strangely, their price was a few dollars more (at Christmas, may have dropped since).

Very nice light.

Anonymous said...

Nice find there. My wife won't let me near a Cabela's or Bass Pro shop, for she'll never get me out of there.