Sunday, March 09, 2008

Was out of town for a couple of days, and since I passed Cabela's

I of course stopped in to drool browse about. I was very good, and only bought a couple of things, this being one of them

It's a fairly new light of theirs. 3 watt led, 60 lumens output and it's supposed to run up to 6 hours on two AA batteries. 60 lumens makes it just a touch less bright than a Surefire G2; I've got no way to measure it, but it passes the 'make you scream and cover your eyes' test*. And it is a white light, no sign of the blue tint most led lights have shown until recently. Turns on at the tailcap, like so many now: turn it all the way down for constant on, back it off a half-turn and press for momentary on.

Since I find myself with a shortage of AA alkaline batteries a ' turn it on and leave it until dead' test will have to wait a day or two. So far I like it.

Oh, did I mention the price? $20.

*No, I did NOT point it at my eyes and key it; I'm comparing it on the wall to my Surefire.


Anonymous said...

My local WalMart has this exact flashlight sold under the Rayovac name. Same specs, color, clip and lanyard. Strangely, their price was a few dollars more (at Christmas, may have dropped since).

Very nice light.

Conservative Scalawag said...

Nice find there. My wife won't let me near a Cabela's or Bass Pro shop, for she'll never get me out of there.