Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I read of this atrocity known as H.R. 1955 before,

and- having lost track of it- just got whacked with this and this. Just bloody wonderful. Especially since I found out my Rep. Mary Fallin voted for it. I had to find that out at GovTrack(which I now have bookmarked). I also found this:
Oct 23, 2007: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by roll call vote. The vote was held under a suspension of the rules to cut debate short and pass the bill, needing a two-thirds majority. The totals were 404 Ayes, 6 Nays, 22 Present/Not Voting.

When the congresscritters 'suspend rules' to cut debate like this, it's usually not a good thing for us. And yes, I'm telling her what I think of it.

And just to make my day complete, I found out that Sen. Coburn has endorsed McCain for President.

Appropriately for both, it's overcast, cold and raining outside.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

"Sen. Coburn has endorsed McCain for President."

WOOT!

That's the first thing I've heard about the man that stinks.

I was honestly dreading the day when I found out he spends his time punching kittens in the throat or something because NO politician could be that decent a person.

Granted, McCain sucks as a presidential candidate, but it could have been worse.