Monday, September 09, 2024

If you like science fiction and fantasy, may I suggest

the Baen Free Library, if you're not familiar with it.  Lots of books by different authors that you can download for free.

On the fantasy side, I will suggest 'Old Nathan' by David Drake.  It's a good one.  And on the same page is another of his, 'Redliners', which is excellent too.

Go take a look.

Also, in case you haven't heard of it, Project Gutenberg; lots of old books that are out of copyright that they've converted to electronic format.

3 comments:

Magson said...

Another site that you can use for free (though if you subscribe it's only $3 a month) is RoyalRoad.com -- it tends to be more of the "litrpg" genre, but not completely, and the books are serialized, so if you "catch up" on a then you only get a chapter or 5 a week. Still and all, I've found it to be very worthwhile.

clayusmcret said...

If there, I highly recommend Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.

wheels said...

I spent a fair amount of time reading books from the Baen Free Library several years ago. I'll have to see what's new there.