Monday, December 19, 2022

Managed to retrieve the pictures of those subsonic loads,

I updated the original post but I'm going to put them here, too.  Because damn.
Sig brass, 10.5 grains H4198, CCI primers, and the factory second 190-grain bullets, 30 yards, 5 rounds
Same load with Federal brass
Four in one home, #3 a called flyer.

I really want to find out the velocity, and try them at longer distance.  Best I can tell, the bullets are Sierra Matchkings, and I cannot find what made them seconds.


3 comments:

Elmo said...

What makes them seconds? It's usually just a visual appearance thingy. They shoot just like the best the manufacturer has to offer.

Enjoy!

Steady Steve said...

I have an integrally suppressed 300 blackout upper that shoots that well with S&B subsonic loads at 50 yards. First time out I thought it had malfunctioned it was so quiet. Groups open up to <2" at 100 yards and only drop 1-2". Set it up with a green dot reflex sight and Steiner DBAL for night time use. Got to love this round in subsonic. Shoots soft and true, and hits hard with heavy bullets.

Arthur said...

What Elmo said.

Usually they just have some slight discoloration on the jacket.

I did find a few slightly dinged petals in a box of hollowpoints once.

Otherwise, I just giggle like an idiot on the money I saved. Assuming I saw them before they were out of stock.