Monday, October 31, 2016

I'm glad they're not dropping the suit,

because A: these bastards need to be sued,  B: threatening their budget seems to be the only thing that gets their attention.


If this is true, there are a bunch of people at the VA who need to be decorating trees.
In my client’s situation, he handles all of his own finances. The VA does not dispute this. Rather, when I finally got a representative from the VA on the line, she informed us that the VA, on its own initiative, placed him into “supervised direct payment status”. When I inquired as to what “supervised direct payment status” was, the representative stated that it is where the veteran handles his/her own financial affairs but they “watch the veteran’s financial accounts.” While the VA contended that they sent out a letter about this status being imposed on my client, my client never received such a letter and they acknowledged that it does not mention anything about the loss of the veteran’s Second Amendment rights, but that the VA has been imposing such since 2013.

No due process is provided. The representative acknowledged that my client never received a hearing and that the determination that my client was incompetent was made solely by a VA official reviewing his case. She stated that he could have appealed the determination when he received the original letter, but the time has since past to appeal. Remember, this is the letter that my client never received and which makes no mention of the loss of one’s Second Amendment rights


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee if only the ADC and foodstamp officials would be so zealous as to look into the financial abilities of their "clients" maybe some of those children would actually get something to eat every day. But that would be RACIST