Monday, July 08, 2013

Awww, why would he think that?

High River resident Cam Fleury believes his house, which was not at all flooded or in a flood zone, was targeted by the RCMP.

Upon returning to his home, he found a door kicked in, and it appears a gun safe in his closet was touched, though not opened.

Fleury's neighbours were not so lucky, as their front door was ripped completely off its hinges, and was found lying in the yard.
Just because the Usual Suspects are basically saying "We don't care if their guns were taken, they don't need to have those anyway"?  Saying things like
"I'm pleased that the commissioner is looking into it, but as a federal politician, I don't think I have any business questioning operational decisions of the RCMP. I think I'm going to stay out of that particular issue," he said.
Really, Trudeau?  You have NO OVERSIGHT function at all over law enforcement?  You're a bloody rubber stamp?  I'm sure that's a very comforting thing for people to hear.

And this is just great:
Commissioner Bob Paulson has written to the Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP and asked the agency to look into the matter. He says he and a lot of Canadians have questions about the force's actions in the devastated town of High River.
"I am quite concerned by the sharp criticism that has arisen in the media with respect to the gun seizures from evacuated homes," Paulson wrote in a letter to Ian McPhail, the interim chair of the watchdog agency.

"Naturally this is quite troubling to me, and I am sure to you, as indeed it must be to many Canadians who wonder what was going on in High River."
YOU'RE THE BLOODY HEAD OF THE RCMP, and YOU have questions?  Have you considered, say, calling the people in charge of that mess into your office and ASKING THEM what the hell they did?

2 comments:

KurtP said...

Just out of curiosity- Are guns the only thing seized from empty homes?

Firehand said...

Only thing I've heard of; interesting, isn't it?