Thursday, March 03, 2011

CBS will have another piece on Gunwalker tonight

CBS News Investigative Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson will follow up on her February 23 report about a major scandal within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). In an exclusive interview with Attkisson, a Phoenix-based ATF agent risks his job to describe the practice of letting guns "walk," and gives an insider's perspective about how the ATF knowingly contributed to the escalating violence in Mexico and American border states to that country.

Following are advance excerpts from tonight's broadcast.

On his bosses' denial of the gunrunning practice and going public:

ATF Agent: "I'm here boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here. Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it, you have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now – tell me it didn't happen."


Codrea also notes that Sen. Grassley has written to AG Holder(Head Bigot-JD). Basically, "You're hiding information from us and your excuses suck; we want the facts."

You know, when Holder got pissy the other day and made his 'my people' comment, I wonder if the stress of what's coming out about Gunwalker is one of the things causing him to say what he did; which makes me wonder just how involved he is in the mess?

No comments: