Thursday, June 03, 2010

Well, if you're in the market for a scattergun,

I'd say we should make sure we do NOT buy one made in Turkey.
I was somewhat taken aback that the prime minister could not bring himself to condemn a fictional blood libel. I should not have been. He and his party have traded on America and Israel hatred ever since. There can be little doubt the Turkish flotilla that challenged the Israeli-Egyptian blockade of Gaza was organized with his approval, if not encouragement. Mr. Erodogan's foreign minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, is a proponent of a philosophy which calls on Turkey to loosen Western ties to the U.S., NATO and the European Union and seek its own sphere of influence to the east. Turkey's recent deal to help Iran enrich uranium should come as no surprise.
Since the government of Turkey seems to be determined to join the islamist 'kill the unbelievers, and especially the Jews' movement, we can make sure that(preferably) none of our money goes to that nation.


Shame; the Huglu shotguns I've looked at seemed to be quite good; but damned if I'll give them my money.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?? Is Turkey looking to rebuild the Ottoman Empire?

B Woodman
III-per

Mattexian said...

Why not? The Hungarians are making some noise about their lost empire too. As to shotguns, I'll stick with my "made in Texas" Maverick. (Yes, I know it's a economy model Mossburg; it's "economy" because they're not having to build it in their factory up north, with it's union labor!)

Firehand said...

Woodman, I think so.

Not a thing wrong with the Mossberg. Just that some of the ones I saw that day were so damn pretty.