Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I have to note that I walked into Wal-Mart the other day

for the first time in a long time. Except for a few things that, for some reason, nobody else carries, I've stayed out since the Wal-Mart weenies made their deal with Nanny Bloomberg's Mayors Who Want To Ban Guns group.

Well, while out getting groceries and such yesterday, there was a Super Center along the way and I stopped in. Generally speaking, mistake.

The place has gone downhill. Lots of stuff with prices not marked, only a few price scanners scattered around and not well marked, different brands mixed together(eggs, in this case) so you couldn't tell what the price was for sure without hunting down one of the scanners... Damn.

I used to shop there a LOT.

I do have to note that I went through sporting goods just to check, and they did have the bulk packs of Remington .22 ammo in, so I bought one. Just about the only thing that hasn't gone downhill is that when they do have ammo, it's at the usual price.

I don't know if they backed out on the deal, or if the 'We'll snitch on our customers for you' deal was only for certain places, but no videotaping or logging of ammo sales here.

No comments: