Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Ref the casting did the other day, I don't think I've ever mentioned the bullet lube I've been using

for black powder.  I ran across it here, and it's worked well:
4 oz beeswax
2 oz neatsfoot oil(not compound)
2 oz Murphy's Oil Soap

Melt the beeswax in your favorite way
Stir in the neatsfoot, keep going till it's thoroughly mixed in
Stir in the Murphy's; it'll make the mess swell up a bit so make sure your pot/can/container has space.
That's it.  You can pour it straight into a lubrisizer, make your own sticks for later, or just keep it in something that'll keep it clean and melt down later for the sizer or for pan lubing.  It works quite well, and it seems to do a good job on the smokeless loads I've used it in as well.


No, lube isn't expensive, I just wanted to try making my own.

No comments: