Thursday, July 10, 2014

Why I don't trust the climate doom-mongers, #73:

Day before yesterday, 20-30% chance of rain.  Through the night.  At 2:30am I woke up to rumbles, and got up to close windows.  And since there was so much rumbling, checked the weather.

In three hours it had gone from 30% chance to 70% chance, and the 20% for Wednesday was now 60%.  By the time it ended late in the morning we got right at 2.5".

They often can't successfully forecast 24 hours in advance, but I'm supposed to believe someone can tell me the climate for the bloody world 50 and 75 years from now?


Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find some online weather service that isn't choking on the coolaid., Accuweather, Weather Underground* are just crap.

I honestly think they've fallen so deeply in love with their climate models that they can't bear to look out the window and see that the actual weather is just so wrong as to defy them.

* Don't get me started on their choice of names.

Titan Mk6B said...

I know what you mean. Around here it went from 30% two days before to 70% the evening befoe to 4.5 inches the day of.