Friday, November 22, 2013

Aside from the "You people owe us payof- ah, Compensation!" bullcrap,

this contains one more reason I need to make it to Australia:
Australian diplomats have also thrown a wrench into the negotiations, as poor countries and activists accused them of not taking the talks seriously. The country did not even send high-ranking officials to the UN summit, saying that they would be busy repealing the country’s contentious carbon tax.

“They wore T-shirts and gorged on snacks throughout the negotiation. That gives some indication of the manner they are behaving in,” said a spokeswoman for the Climate Action Network.
You can't hear it, but I'm laughing my ass off.

2 comments:

Sendarius said...

Come on down!

Make it to the west coast, and the beer's on me.

Firehand said...

Time and money, time and money... if I can work those out, I'll take you up on that