Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Two things about this crap:

As Insty notes, apparently 'My body, my choice' only counts if your choice is to do what the leftists want.
The other: These numbers merely confirm what many of us already knew: that elite institutions are training grounds for the future elite. Instead of acting simply as educational institutions they also serve as pathways to power.
I submit that this is part of the damn problem: go to one of these schools and it doesn't matter if you're an incompetent jerk with a degree in gender studies who can't actually DO anything but annoy; the school and other graduates will help you into the pathways of power solely because you went to their school.
While someone who went to, say, a state college and knows how things actually WORK and has real skills is dismissed, solely because of the school he went to.
That, people, is PART OF THE PROBLEM, not a good thing.


How bad is that collection of idiocy the NY legislature passed and Howler signed in the dark of night?  This bad:
So much so that, last week, the New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association issued a statement distancing troopers from Cuomo and warning of public resentment toward law enforcement since the gun law’s passage.
“The individual members of this union did not write the terms of the bill nor vote on its passage,” the State Police PBA said. “We urge the citizens of New York State to remember that troopers are simply tasked with the lawful mandate to enforce the laws of the state, regardless of their personal opinion of such laws.”
...
The message from the troopers echoes the sentiments of the New York State Sheriffs Association, which has said its members “strongly believe that modifications are needed to clarify the intent of some of these new provisions and that revisions are needed to allow sheriffs to properly enforce the law in their counties.”


Afterthoughts on Boston:
As I listened to the police scanner during the Boston manhunt, I wasn’t thinking about “police all over the place” in the “personal security guard” sense that Feinstein seemed to be implying.
Instead, I imagined a mother huddled in the nursery with her baby. Her husband is out of town and she is also listening to the police scanner, praying the terrorist doesn’t burst through her back door.
I imagined an 85-year-old World War II veteran living alone. He fought the Nazis on foot across Europe and his government just instructed him to “shelter-in-place.” He turns out the lights in his home and hunches over his radio waiting for updates though the long night.
I wondered if they could protect themselves if the worst happened.
In the middle of that night listening to the Boston police scanner, I evolved.
I realized right then that if I were holed up in my house while a cold-blooded terrorist roamed my neighborhood, I wouldn’t want to be a sitting duck with only a deadbolt lock between me and an armed intruder.But that's what Feinstein & Co. want you to be.


Right now it's cold outside, they're talking about lows tonight right at freezing(which is damn late in April for around here) and I really need to clean up this room.  So no more annoyance for you for now.
From me, at least.

No comments: