Wednesday, February 06, 2013

A: THESE are the 'only ones trained enough to carry guns'?

Really?
There is NO excuse for this crap.  None.  Period.
According to Cleveland police policy, officers are not supposed to join a pursuit without permission from a supervisor. Of the 62 officers involved, 59 of them never asked permission to join the chase, DeWine said.
...
Audible gunfire from the first shot to the last was 17.8 seconds, DeWine said.
How many shots did they fire? According to the report, 137.
At a stopped car with two people.
Who were unarmed(surprise!)

Officer Michael Brelo, according to his account, climbed onto the trunk and then the top of a patrol car and reloaded his gun, firing 49 rounds. An Iraq war veteran, the officer said he saw "the suspects moving and I could not understand why they are still moving, shooting at us. Even through Iraq, I never fired my weapon. I never have been so afraid in my life."
Which explains the shot-up cop cars from their own uncontrolled fire, I guess.

I really have no words.  The level of FAIL in this is, well, amazing.  On multiple levels.

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

How did Officer Brelo determine he was being fired at by the suspects from within the car? Echos? Ricochets? Friendly fire from the other side of the ambush like the one proposed by Sean Bean in Ronin?