Monday, January 16, 2023

Besides the grocery store and some cleanup, did two things today*

First, rolled the motorcycle out and warmed it up(been using the battery tender regularly), and decided since it was warm for this time of year, rode it a few miles.  Which was great.  Not so great was "You're not going to do this for any greater distance for a while", which was most emphatically pointed out by the leg.

Second, I bought a bicycle a while back in January, and all I'd done was adjust things to my liking and ride it about three blocks.  So, while after got home, rode it about a mile, or a touch over if I remember correctly.  Which kicked my ass.  Made it ok, but after getting off this became another "Not for a while yet.  Hear us?"

It's good that I managed both without something bad.  It sucks that what used to be an easy ride on a bicycle  wore me out that much.  Progress, but this is going to take a while.

3 comments:

B said...

Prolly a good thing for the motorcycle to move it, dry out the oil and crankcase and transmission....plus lube up the seals.
Machinery doesn't like to sit.

bob said...

I know the feeling, I had to sell my bicycle and recumbent bike, (prostrate). Now I bounce on a mini tramp for 40 minutes a day.

Firehand said...

I've been able to roll it out and warm it up completely a couple of times, but that's it before now.

So it got all the way up to operating temp and run around for a few miles, tires are fully aired up also. Be nice when can ride it further.