Monday, July 15, 2019

I really need to do some handloading,

but it's late and I'm tired.  Maybe tomorrow.

I've now got regular access to a very nice outdoor range, so hopefully I can get some ammo tested(factory and handloads), and generally get a bit more rifle work done.

Speaking of, did a bit of casting this morning, and it reminded me of something: I've got some molds that, once up to heat, just throw good bullets time after time; I've got one in which the bullets stick badly until the lead and mold temps are just right, at which point they just fall right out; and I've got one in particular that is a great big PITA to consistently get good bullets out of.  It's a RCBS for .32 semi-wadcutters, and except for the once in a blue moon when all the stars align, you'll get a good bullet in one cavity and the base won't fill out in the other.  I've cleaned, and done an extra flux of the lead, and it continues.  I've never had this much trouble out of any other.

I'm tired, I may continue on this tomorrow.

No comments: