Friday, February 15, 2019

Dear Crimson Trace:

I used your 'contact us' form with a warranty question, and waited a week.

Just in case of a glitch, I tried again.  I also went to your Facebook page at some point and sent the question.  Waited about a week.

This morning I used the 'customer service' e-mail address. 

At this point I have received nothing.  Not a "No, it's out of warranty for that", not "Yes, it is covered, we'll take care of it", not even a "Screw you, stop bothering us."

I've been real happy with the Lasergrip in question, but my opinion of your company is on a downward slope. 

Sincerely, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Q: Where is Crimson Trace headquartered? A: Portlandia.

That should tell you all you need to know.

2) "Everyone's at SHOT, so there's no one here." Stupid business practice, but it's popular, and so common that there's no point in trying to contact anyone in the shooting industry until after Feb 1 (although I doubt the drones on the mfg line were all in Vegas).

3) Years back someone in biz noticed this email thingie, saw that all the Kool Kids had it, so they wanted one, too. It's become increasingly common to ignore email contact from customers. I gave up on it years ago until I figured out it was a useful marker for "do I want to do business with these people that badly?" when email inquiries went ignored.

3b) Admittedly, most people don't have the first clue about how to pose a cogent question and even less about how to do it in writing, so when 98% of email is crap it becomes easy to ignore its existence (what's even worse is the "contact form" that uses check boxes to try and sort out the idiots; first, it's a waste of time, the idiots still get through, and second, it pisses off the real customers).