Sunday, August 20, 2017

My lodge had its annual fundraiser yesterday,

and between the prep stuff the days before and all the fun from the time I woke up(way too early), I'm still tired.  And the rest of cleanup is today, yay.

Yes, there is news out there.  A very short version of bitching about it:
Really?  Connected to an extremist group?  Who could've guessed...

"Someone used a car to kill someone else!  We need more gun control!"  Because the mayor of Charlottesville is an idiot. Who doesn't know the law, and has a shaky grasp on history.  And plays the usual "I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, BUT-" game.  And plays the "It's all the fault of the Alt-Right!" crap; because pointing out the left's involvement in the problem Just Isn't Done.


Gets called race-traitor(again) and nazi supporter in 3, 2, 1...
“I’ve always ignored them!” he continued. “Rick, I’m 54 years old. I’ve never thought about those statues a day in my life. I think if you ask most black people to be honest, they ain’t thought a day in their life about those stupid statues. What we as black people need to do: We need to worry about getting our education, we need to stop killing each other, we need to try to find a way to have more economic opportunity and things like that. Those things are important and significant. You know, I’m wasting time and energy screaming at a neo-Nazi, or [saying] ‘Man, you’ve got to take this statue down.’”


"Don't be Evil(unless it serves the cause)!"


And that's it for now. 

No comments: